The Web Administrator will maintain web content and design to ensure that the assigned website is functional, accurate, and up to date.
- Creates and maintains internal and external websites in collaboration with web developers.
- Reviews web content, links, and design; provides necessary updates and enhancements in a timely manner.
- Monitors site security; reports suspected or actual security breaches and denial of service attacks to appropriate staff.
- Implements appropriate security measures such as firewalls or message encryption.
- Manages internet and/or intranet infrastructure including but not limited to web, file transfer protocol (FTP), mail servers, and news.
- Identifies useful site performance metrics; collects, tracks, records, compiles, analyzes, and reports site usage data.
- Conducts user testing and use analysis to assess usability and effectiveness of site; recommends improvements based on analysis.
- Discusses, analyzes, reviews, and resolves usability issues in conjunction with development teams.
- Communicates with site visitors and users regarding site updates, anticipated and unanticipated downtime, and resolution of bugs and outages.
- Drafts, documents, and implements backup, recovery, and business continuity plans.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise in web design and development; participates in professional conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of website design and administration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency with markup and programming languages including HTML, XML, Java, and CSS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and other related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or two years of vocational school required; Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, Web Development, or related field preferred.
- At least two years of related experience highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.